Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Things

On Saturday I went for a hair cut. Thought I'd try somewhere new so headed off to this hairdresser by Haubtbahnhof (central station) where they have a ton of hairdressers so you don't have to make an appointment, just show up.

Well, in my broken German I explained that I wanted the very smallest of haircuts, and basically she should just cut the back a bit and trim the front (trying to grow the hair a little). But the Romanian Wonder just got stuck in, and snip snip, and WHAT? oh man, the front is now short (I can see what she was going for, but it wasn't really what I wanted) and now I look like a Boy Mushroom playing dressup as a Matchstick. Yip, a matchstick. She blew my hair out into a circular thing on top of my head. hmmm...

The lovely other cannot understand why I would be so upset by HAIR (especially when I usually let them do what ever they want) but I was. It was blown all up and round and Jhb Poppie Like, and I just looked ridiculous. Thank goodness it was snowing hard and I had a beanie.

After my hair, and I calmed down a little, and I looked again, I realised it wasn't SO bad. Will just take a little getting used too. The good news is that New Hair like this generally calls for a slight adjustment in clothing to complete the New Look and a little more confidence (New Attitude). So maybe it's not such a bad thing. Cutting off the excess, moving forward in a similar, but slightly altered direction, with a little less 'weight' on my shoulders. Philosophical today, aren't I! :)

Another new thing... I cycled in the snow.
AND
I didn't fall! HOORAY!
We needed to go to the store for one of those Shops That Require Two Backpacks, and so, we cycled! Somewhat cautiously, but it was cycling none the less!

ALSO! And this one is big... we got a shoosher (aka hand held blender). Is this not the BEST, smoothie making, butternut soupy kind of news?

No comments:

Post a Comment