Wednesday, February 2, 2011

'Running' Around the Pond


On Sunday, I decided to hop over to the park for a little run. On this:

It seemed like a simple task, slam each foot into the 'walkway' one at a time, repeat.
Except for the seemingly-obvious... Ice is very slippery. It makes the simple task of just placing a foot onto the floor and lifting another incredibly tricky. Hard even!

So I paused a while, and looked around the park...




Very strange...
When I started out there were hundreds of people running, walking, nordic walking, jogging, Sunday strolling and meandering around the park, and then suddenly... poof...

I continued on, plod plod slip slide plod plod, until I realised that the Clever Germans were no longer running around the pond. They were ON the pond! So I rushed back home, annoyed my Lovely until he gave up his Professional Xbox Gaming (we don't play around!) and came and took a picture, because I was SURE no South African Person would believe that I had played ON the pond!

(Excuse the lack of a glamorous running ensemble, but it was a Sunday, and yes, that is an ANORAK!)

So, in future (well, for the rest of winter anyway) when I say 'I'm going for a run' this will more than likely mean 'I'm going to play on the pond'. I think that is a reasonable amount of exercise, what with all the trying to grip running shoes to the ice and all.

Next up, a ballet class. My poor feet may never forgive me...

No comments:

Post a Comment