Monday, May 16, 2011

Circus Circus

The weather is a little miz today so, partially because my run was cut very short by a cramping calf and partially because my nose is a little runny and the couch is warm, I thought I'd tell you about my Munich Circus Experience.

On Friday, after working a whole lot extra during the week (with Saturday still to come) I was a little tired. Kids are tiring, they wear you out... Poof

So the prospect of a little trip to the Circus Galianno seemed exciting. Partially because someone else would then be The Entertainer, and partially because I am 3/4 of the way through reading Water for Elephants. (Am trying to finish it quick so I can watch the movie while it's on the big screen).

Unfortunately, it was more like a family Christmas show. The jokes weren't funny, there was only a little pony that looked a bit more Farm than Fancy. There was a little dog that did a few tricks (he was quite cute) and four girls from the Munich Circus School. (2 of which were not bad). Needless to say, I was a little disappointed. Clearly I was expecting the Uncle Al, Rosie the Elephant and the rest of the crew from Water for Elephants, and their train doesn't seem to roll through Munich.

The show did manage to entertain the kids for 2 hours though so, barring an argument over popcorn during intermission, it was a pretty smooth afternoon. Hooray!

Saturday, after work, I took a loooooong walk to meet some friendly people at Bistro 204 where they were doing a little whiskey tasting, and then... Frank, Sandy, Murray and I... four South African South Africans, went out for STEAK.

No, let's be fair, it wasn't STEAK. It was a plate of melt in your mouth, tasty, crispy-on-the-outside-and-gooey-on-the-inside deliciousness.

SATISFACTION!

So at least that craving has been fed, and I can go back to enjoying chicken for a while.

pic from here

No comments:

Post a Comment