Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Road Runner


Meep Meep. Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

I, Robyn Veckranges, of sound mind and body, have started running.

Pause for shock, horror, gasps of disbelief.

Yes, it's true. I, the Hater of Feet-Slamming-Into-The-Sidewalk, Couch Potato Deluxe... Am a yogger. (Yes yogger, NOT jogger, and certainly not RUNNER! Yet...)
The park outside this back door of ours beckoned and I responded by putting on my gear and going for a trot.

It's been a tough few weeks. I feel like I am running against a brick wall with 10kg weights on each foot. My muscles cramp and squeal and my lungs burn. But I am trying my absolute best...

At first it was just 5 minutes per trot, but gradually I have been building up. I am now on 20 minutes, no stopping, and today, for the first time I found myself enjoying running. Wait, WHAT? Even I can't believe it. I was about to give up, call it a Bad Yogging Day, when suddenly I was on my second lap and striding at a non-snail-like pace. Ok, it was probably still a snail-like pace but to me, it felt like I was going FAST! Hopefully the distance covered will eventually be something worth announcing too!

So there you have it. Robyn the yogger. Yogging around the park. All so I can sip tea, have cake AND eat it. No, not really, I'd eat the cake anyway (let's be honest).

All so I can be the only granny with out a walker (my life goals are SERIOUS guys!).

pic from here

No comments:

Post a Comment