Friday, June 10, 2011

Haarschnitte and House Spouses

Been in a little shlump lately. I'm pretty sure I can blame my little cold, and the Night Coughing and subsequent lack of sleep it brought with it.

I could probably blame The Jetsetting Francis's, my lack of leave and subsequent lonely nights too.

Or the complete lack of a positive response in The Great Job Hunt.

Or all of the above :)

Either way, I decided that New Hair was in order, and this time I was not making the mistake of going back the the place that gave me the ugly-boy-mushroom look from a few months back, so I went to see my original gal, Steffi. (Pronounced Shteffi, as the Germans do)

So off I trotted this morning, bright and early so I could spend longer looking faaaabulous darling, and arrived to see a fresh faced Shteffi with almost exactly the hair cut I was after. This proved very handy during the 'Describing What You Want' section of the appointment as Shteffi doesn't speak English, and I speak Denglish (Deutsch-y English). At least I know my colours though...

About an hour later I re-entered the world, dorky anorak on, shlump left far behind.

The next problem, however, was finding people I know, that were not busy, to see.
Luckily for me the House Spouse Club was about to have tea not too far away, and, since I am off work for 2 weeks, I have been granted Temporary Membership. (Hopefully my ability to turn the tea/lunch into a full day affair will aid my application for Honorary Morning House Spouse Membership, hold thumbs!)

So, it is with shiny, glossy hair that Shteffi has promised with shine in the sun and look "frisch" (fresh) that I leave you this evening. Hope you have yourselves a GREAT hair weekend.

"Clink" (Wine glasses up people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment