Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tree Climbers Anonymous

When I packed for Germany, I am not sure what exactly I thought I would be doing with these kids.

It seems I packed with the travelling to Paris and Prague in mind and not the tree climbing and playground trips that are actually involved.
I am working with a family with two little girls who love to play dress up and barbies, but also like to ride bikes, climb trees, run around and get very, very dirty at the playground. They are more 'running through puddles' than 'princess.' Although they do really like princesses and fairies.
Not sure why I imagined they would be any different to us when we were kids...
Perhaps I watched 'Uptown Girls' 1 too many times.

My clothes are fine for playgrounds, and my sneakers are perfectly happy to troll through mud, my pants... well, they're not so good at climbing trees. And, since Spring is now well on its' way, tree climbing on hot days happens a lot.

I should have brought a few less dresses and a few more pairs of Adventure Pants (cargo pants).
And of course, my adventure handbag (which sounds odd, but is in fact a very handy, canvas, multi-pocketed real thing), and perhaps I would have managed to avoid the buttox-baring that occurs...

Oh well, I suppose I have made it this far in skinny-ish jeans, with only one pair giving up the tree climbing fight and ripping across the butt area (thank goodness I was at home) I will make it to the end!

At least the trusty Denim Shorts Season is nearly upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment