Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm baaaaack

And a whole lot has happened... Let's jump right in!

Ker Bean came to Munich. It was only a week but I think we managed to sufficiently catch up on the last 7 months as well as top up my Girl Time Tank (it was running awfully low).

Of course, she wouldn't be the Bean I know, and love, if she hadn't been a terrible influence, dragging me into shops and pubs. Brightening up my life with colourful clothes and the occasional snort between laughs. Plus, she came with a whole bag of new clothes from her travels around the globe, so we had to show them off :)

We did as many touristy things together as possible before I went off to work, English Gardens, walking around the city, Nymphenburg Palace (which was closed due to the arrival of the King and Queen of Belgium, so we walked the gardens). And a few more after hours. (Kultfabrik, Hofbrauhaus, Lowenbrau and many a Mexican restaurant and Irish Pub) and lots, and lots of sleeping. Turns out, catching up is EXHAUSTING!

I also sent the Very Experienced Traveler on a solo mission to Dachau Concentration Camp (I'll tell you about it some other time).

And now she's gone, back home to SA to find a new adventure...

But it's ok, because it is SPRING! I haven't worn my big coat in a while, and when I did, it was with sleeveless top underneath! Can you imagine my surprise when I discovered I have ARMS!? Very very pale arms, but arms none the less. Next thing you'll be telling me the things under my jeans are LEGS!

This weekend is supposed to be about 22 degrees. Yes, you did read that correctly...
Can you imagine such warmth!? We are probably going to head to one of the Big Lakes to soak in some rays, so when we head to our Surprise Island Getaway over the long Easter Weekend, we will not look like the Ghekko on King Julian's crown. (Able to dance, but still, CLEARly a ghekko).

But for today, it's laundry, and vacuuming and a little Project Doing, a little Tea Drinking.
All in all... Life is goooood.

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment