Thursday, July 14, 2011

Packer Packaroo


I think I mentioned before that the kids all moved rooms on Tuesday.
It involved a lot of packing up and then emptying and repacking and moving around of STUFF.

We found out yesterday that our boxes need to be all packed up and ready for quotes on Tuesday next week, and since we're in Norway from today - Monday... well, that left last night.

I managed to organise a later starting time for work so I could get cracking, and not be left with the few hours between my 9o'clock home time and Robyn-needs-to-be-in-bed time.
There was only one thought going through my head for those few packing hours...

Holy smokes we have a lot of stuff!
Where did it all come from?

I know there is a lot of STUFF that we brought with from SA and haven't touched since we unpacked after arriving here, and we've bought a few things - mostly winter jackets and skiing STUFF, but the rest? It didn't look like a lot, but now that it's all piled up on top of each other, and we've thrown away as much as we possibly can...

But then I started sipping on my tea and realised (as tea makes us do) that all that STUFF are the small little memories we've collected from our exploring, adventuring and (ok I'll say the adult word) travelling. And when I think about it like that, there's not that much!

I know it's only STUFF, but it's cool stuff with such GREAT memories...
But enough rambling... I'll be able to show you soon enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment