Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rules for Life by Jae Lake : Update

Message from a German friend tonight:
"You could take care of my car in exchange for :-)"

My thought process: "Hello, he's offering me a bit on the side if I do him a favour. Cheeky bugger."

His thought process: "I wonder if she'll take care of my car in exchange for a smile"

Rule for LIfe #27: In Germany? Be literal.
It will save you 30 minutes of awkward text messages & a lot of embarrassment.

Write that one down... it is far too true! These silly Germans! Do they not realise that the English-speaking world is riddled with sexual innuendos and sarcasm?



In other news, I had a practice moving day yesterday. The kids are all moving bedrooms, which is quite exciting. However, in my enthusiasm, I didn't realise that since the kids are still a lot smaller than their things, I would be the mover of furniture (good thing Baby Bye Buys trained me well for that! :) )which would have been ok, had it not been a multi-story house such as this one, with a very windy staircase.
Needless to say, the kids were happy when I left, but my back this morning... not so happy!
But at least I am not in the box-packing-and-stuff-moving frame of mind that I need to be in, given that the big move is 16 Munich sleeps away!

Off to Norway this weekend... the LAST trip of the adventure.I think this whole countdown and the approach of the final thing-to-look-forward-to-that-isn't-my-farewell is knocking me for six. That, or it hasn't really sunk in yet and this is what being in a daze feels like!

No comments:

Post a Comment