Tuesday, November 30, 2010

At times like these

I am 5cm deep in my knitting, and and forraging forward enthusiastically. Mostly it's just something to keep my fingers busy while I brainstorm ideas for my course projects and christmas presents. (Don't worry, I won't have time to do scarves for everyone)

Am missing my family a lot at the moment, but it's times/days like these that remind me of the wonders of modern communication technology. I am simultaneously chatting over email, bbm, skype and sms. Throw in some facebook and twitter on the side and we've covered my entire conversation network over the last few days. Scary huh!? And
my lovely other wonders why I never stop talking when he's around!? (Apart from the fact that he speaks perfect english and doesn't stumble along inserting German words mid sentence).

I think tonight, while I have my customary glass of wine, all alone after trudging through the very thick and relentless snow(while the other suns it up in thailand, lucky bugger), I will sit down to write a few letters. There's something about physical mail, not the kind in my inbox, that absolutely thrills me. Maybe I'll send one your way, who knows!? Better keep checking your postbox :)

No comments:

Post a Comment