Friday, November 12, 2010

Toetsies

The problem with winter, and unusual work hours, is that, other than your daily heel scrub and moisturising the bottom end of the torso is often forgotten.

You always have long pants, socks or stockings and sneakers, boots or pumps on. And in the evenings, slippers. This means that you don't often see your feet. Unless you're in the shower or bath, and who really remembers the world changing ideas and plans we get in the shower or bath!? Not me, that's for sure.

Add to this the slightly later that 8am time that I wake up and the relatively unusual work hours I keep, and any form of nail-beautifying is rendered impossible.
You simply cannot paint your nails and then put socks on. And you certainly can't paint and go to bed. And I, for one, do not like unpainted, unmanicured toenails.

So, on this wonderful, work free Friday, after a much needed chat with a lovely girl friend, I decided that it would be a long overdue Me Day.

Apart from an exploratory cycle around Munich to fetch a few books and adventure a little bit (of course I cycled through puddles of mud like a young boy), there was nothing else for me to do but preen, pimp, and pamper myself. And make some canneloni for our weekend house guest. Ok, it is more for me, who am I kidding.

It might just have been a case of needing girl time, in which case a visit to one of the two strategically placed friends houses down the road would have sufficed. Or a trip to the bedroom next door.But since it would take a very long flight and a few days to get there the simple pleasure of shiny nails and some Greys Anatomy will have to do the trick.

I am now going to have a 4:30pm glass of wine, and eat some olives (damn you little greek market, damn you).

I'll be drinking to my girls. Cos I miss you. And to my re-discovered shiny nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment