Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cold Toes, Freezing Nose

It's cold. I mean really, really cold. There is snow on top of the ice that is covering the once glistening pond in our
used-to-be-so-green-but-winter-has-turned-white park.
I can feel every ounce on of fat on my body congeal as I step out the front door, and no, this is not a dramatic exaggeration. My feet slide out from underneath me like new-born giraffe at least 5 times a day.
And sometimes, I can't get the chill out my feet unless I have the hottest hottest bath when I come home so late night. Or some wine, whichever seems like less effort... (One guess which... )

BUT
Oh how the snow changes things! Apart from the muddy smoosh the cars leave on the roads (silly, stinky cars) everything is white, fresh, new. And the air is crisp and clean. Everyday!
And everyday as I walk out the front door I am utterly amazed at the beauty that is surrounding me! (And at the incredible warmth of my lovely's feet!).

So while I am consuming large amounts of Gluhwein (it is necessary, it is freeeeeeeezing, ask your doctor), during the can't-help-but-be-festive-forget-you're-christmas-blues windup to the silliness, I will be sure to breathe in a couple of snowflakes just for you!

I just hope that the New Years Ski Adventure Team Members (we have badges, we're official) that are currently enjoying the glorious South African summer and sunshine are taking a little time out in the Tops beer fridges, with out shoes, to start getting their bodies used to the coooold. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment