Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sno Rain

It seems that just as I started to get used to the snow, and really enjoy it's presence... it all disappeared!
Yesterday it rained. Hard. All day. (and I suspect through the previous night too).
And now? Well now, there is not much snow left.
It is a stunning day today, blue skies and sunshine. A whopping 6 degrees! and my garden on has a teeny tiny bit of snow left.
And the grass that has been revealed?! Green as grass could be! (I am not sure how this is possible or quite WHAT the German soil contains!)
Hopefully the sun will dry up all the rain so the roads aren't filled with the same icy sludge as yesterday. Snow is just so much more crisp!

And to think I was telling my lovely that he should hurry home from Thailand because he was missing all this wintery fun...
It's not even minus anything any more!!!
But not to fear, I will still be drinking wine (although I may need to think up a new excuse... "I'm warming up from the inside") and tea... no excuse needed. It flows through my veins!

Excited as I am to see the grass, I just can't shake the feeling that this is mother nature trying to tease me, and say "Hey, look here, how beautiful is this day" before it is replaced with snow and ice for the next 3 or so months, and I am forced back under my multiple layers in an attempt to warm my bones.

Oh well, at least there is that super warm, excessively large Christmas dinner to look forward to!(and the many hours in front of the warm stove that go with it).

What are YOUR Christmas plans???

No comments:

Post a Comment