Sunday, December 19, 2010

London Town

Now, most of you know that my first attempt at getting a visa for the uk failed horribly. I was left feeling like a lump of nothing...

So I tried again, and many stressy nights later, I got the damn piece of paper in my passport. Hooray. (They actually thought I might want to run off to London where I have no work, or lovely other! Are they CRAZY!)

So I then began to get incredibly excited for this KINGS OF LEON concert that I am rushing over there for... Flying in, watching the show, dying in a state of bliss (they do sing the soundtrack for the lovely's and my whole life together!) and then POSSIBLY having a small disco dance, and flying back at an absurdly early time the next morning. Sounds extremely simple, right?

Wrong. You see, dear, dear London does NOT know what to do when it snows. (I find this quite humorous as it surely snows there for at least one day every year!?) So, while I may not have a visa, I am STILL not guaranteed of seeing the glory that is 'KOL' perform. In fact, my South African team members (yes, the same ones I was urging to prepare by spending time in the TOPS beer fridge) have already received notice of a cancelled flight. No, not delayed... cancelled!
The shock! The Horror! The drama! The HEARTBREAK!

So now, we wait. We sit in front of CNN (the only english tv channel we have), whilst simultaneously checking the flight status online, in wait.

PLEASE hold thumbs for me!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

If I cannot be in mozambique or with my very peculiar, but special friends and family for xmas/new years, I at LEAST need to hear this band perform. I need to get THAT feeling that they give me in my tummy again...

p.s. If you need me, at any stage between now and Tuesday night, I will be outside, in the snow, wishing on stars...

No comments:

Post a Comment