Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

After successfully managing to create my First Christmas Meal, which surprisingly very enjoyable (HOORAY!) we are now all relaxing on the couch, watching Planet Earth (one of my gifts to my lovely, finally I see what the fuss is about!).

So enjoy my wine and wait for my tummy to free up some space for my lovely's moms TRIFLE! (I cannot wait!) I shall reflect on this christmas quick.

I was genuinely excited for Christmas this year. Perhaps this is because I have my own little 'home', perhaps because I have finally realised that the Christmas Blues that I usually feel are probably more a result of the whole year that was rushing into my rear view mirror all at once, completely overwhelming me. Perhaps this year I had more time to reflect before the Big Day. Perhaps, too, I have finally accepted what Christmas means post Santa-beliefs, and can finally stop being completely disappointed when it turns out to be just a regular day, but with family and food in excess. Perhaps it was the prospect of a few days off from work. Or perhaps, but this may be a long shot, it was that I was going to be able to cross A White Christmas off my bucket list WELL before my 30th birthday!? Or just the snuggling on the couch with this lovely man!?

What ever it was, it was. And Christmas was great. Very relaxed. Too much food, but no stress and fluster in the kitchen (for some reason the meal almost made itself... - will post pics tomorrow when I am capable of movement). I spoke to my fandamily, and even saw some of their faces too!

The presents were perfect... The wine too.

And now, here we are, on the couch...

Spoilt, full, content.

Merry Christmas my dear friends!
Until we meet again...

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment