Monday, August 23, 2010

Home Sick

Today is the first day that I've felt a bit sad not to be in my hometown.
Well, it's either that or a lack of sleep. or hormones. could be anything really, but I'm going with homesickness.

My mom put it well when she left. It's not so much actually seeing people, but just knowing that they're there, just a few flick flacks down the road, if I ever need to talk or have tea, or just sit in company other than my own.

In a way it's a good thing because it's forcing me to settle down and make my home here (for now), and it'll make me really get to know myself. (Trust me, if you thought you knew yourself, move somewhere where not many people speak your language, especially not when they don't know you. You'll find your own head can be preeetttyyyy lonesome). But it is a bit hard to leave the people you've come to know as 'home'.

Emotions aside, I have successfully set up a yoga area, to balance my very lonely head. And I have begun GARDENING.

Strange thing though.... every time I go out to pull out weeds etc, it starts to rain and I am forced to come inside and drink more tea. Also, there are a few worms that I am just not ready for. I am going to have to get a spade and some gloves (some of these weeds have vicious thorns!!). Not much time left for gardening, but my herbs need to get out of their pots and into some nice spacious soil.

Time for a quick shop and then I will be drinking a glass of wine (or 3) for my left-behind-loved-ones. Hurry up and come visit already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment