Sunday, August 22, 2010

Schwimming, Shopping and Skirting

Friday night was a flurry of views of the Hofbrauhaus, a little dinner, a lot of walking, and my First German Beer.(Getting to the Hofbrauhaus at 8:30pm on a Friday is not such a great idea, so we grabbed the only table available, sadly this was at a restaurant - but they did have english menu's! It was fun, but I was beginning to itch for a proper pub experience.

Saturday dawned, and boy was it a good day! So off to the pool we went. The pool we chose was in the middle of a small park of the greenest grass and the water just shimmered. It seemed too good to be true given that only a few days ago I was shivering in Durban and now I was playing mermaids in sparkling blue water with the sun beating down on my skin!!!

A few laps and a couple of dolphin dives later (you didn't expect me to actually train or anything, did you?) we headed to Marienplatz for what we intended to be a small shop. But then we found the Planet Fitness. Heaven! and that's just the sneaker dept.! Cross the road and there's a whole other world of clothing paradise.

And that was before I introduced Frank to H&M.
Needless to say there were a lot of shopping bags involved in the ride home...

Popped home for a little rest and then it was time for My First Pub Experience.
Given the scale of this Very Important Event and the incredible heat outside, I decided I would make a little effort...

Riding a bicycle in a short, tight skirt is no easy task. In fact, it was one of the rare times I was incredibly grateful to be carrying a handbag. (Obvious benefits of handbags aside).
Riding a bicycle in a short, tight skirt after several beers, and some jagermeisters... now that's an accomplishment on it's own. (I may or may not have silently given myself a noddy badge when I arrived home).

All in all, I have to say that my First Pub Experience was a good one. The chicken wings were greasy, the beer was cold, and barring an unfortunate ruling from a particular referee and a kiwi victory, it was a really good night.

The headache this morning, however, was not so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment