Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's Finally Happening

One false start, a very rushed booking and a cry-pocalypse later, I finally left for Munich.

In my huge rush to check in and go through passport control, I failed to note the lack of ANYTHING beyond check in. No atms, a very tiny shop and very few chairs by the gate.
Good thing Ker and Dee gave me some snacks and a magazine or I would have been very bored. Had hoped to be able to do my forex once I'd checked in! Whoops...

Arrived in Dubai very grateful for the few Euro's I had (thank you Jagga's) but alas, no one had change. And didn't take coins? strange...
Cleaned myself up in the very warm bathrooms (are the toilet seats heated? I thought I had wee'd on myself!) and headed for duty free... desperately seeking some form of hydration!

A few pages of reading on the floor, and spilling sprite all over my clean self, it was time to board, and head to Munich. HOORAY!

Landed at abt lunch time (1pm) and passed through passport control like a breeze.
Picked up my suitcase and rushed through the doors looking for the man I thought would be standing there with open arms... but the trains were late, so I just stood around like a dork. :)

Found an atm, and again sought hydration.
I then proceeded to give Franks some very confusing descriptions of my surroundings so he could find me. Got him totally confused... but eventually we found each other.
Well, I was walking determinedly in the wrong direction and he found me.

Caught a taxi home, and. Oh, not sure if you read that right, I said home.
I have a new home. haha
small, but lovely, clean, new. And there's a GARDEN! amazing.

Unpacked and then we RODE BICYCLES to the train station to head to the city, to a shopping square.
Strange, I was the only person in sandals. Think the germans may be on to something there. Had ice cream, bought some lovely bread for dinner (STEAK) and headed home.

A strange thing happened though. I fell asleep on the couch, and when I got up to go to bed, the sun was still up. This may take some getting used to!!

Off on my first solo exploratory mission now... Target: Supermarket (I need tea!)

p.s. I have a sneaky feeling my clothes will be completely inappropriate for Europe. Oh dammit, I'm going to HAVE to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment