Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Too windy for the beach...





Today was one of those days that make you grateful for not being at the beach.
It was windy, but I could still lie by the water (ok, it was a swimming pool, but I can dream) without sand blowing into my book, lunch and worst of all, onto my towel. Sticking itself to skin so that you are STILL finding sand behind your ears / in your hair for days, even after a thorough scrubbing.

Situated next to a very nice looking theater in Prinzrengenten Str is an awesome pool, surrounded by German-Green-Grass (what do they fertilize with!?). It also has an 'extra' pool that is converted into a volley ball court in summer and an ice rink in winter! Ass skating! Hooray!
Although I did not brave the water (the clouds kept covering the sun every time I warmed up and started looking at the pool) I did manage to catch a few rays. Am trying to get some colour so that I actually have something to lose come winter.

However, my South African-ness is still very much ingrained, so when it came time to rest my head for a few seconds I cautiously looped my bag around my arm... "in case". Only to wake up several minutes later and realise that no one was even looking in my direction, nor had anyone really noticed I was there. HELLO! Did they not SEE how nice my handbag is?

Back outside I meandered around, imagining myself having tea on all the beautiful balconies. Sigh... The architecture is really inspiring. And really well maintained! It seems strange to think about how many people have walked by them.

Once the wind had gotten the better of me, and I realised just how tightly I had wrapped my bright yellow towel around myself (this is what the people were looking at, not my nice hat! Silly me.) I headed home... time for tea!

I did consider going to do some actual swimming / exercise, but the 5 seconds passed and now, I think it's time for a beer garden and some lovely, cold... water! Obviously... I don't drink! pppffffft!

No comments:

Post a Comment