Friday, September 17, 2010

Autumn Leaves

The problem I have with cold weather is that I feel as though I am constantly wearing the SAME outfit.

Black top, black shoes, jeans, cream jacket.
White top, grey shoes, jeans, cream jacket.
Black jeans, black boots....

You get the picture.

And even if you try mix it up with a different colour scarf, you still feel like you're wearing the same thing that you wore yesterday, and the other 5 days before that.

Walking to school, and then to work, I can't help wondering a) how everyone else managed to look so NICE and WARM in dresses, and skirts and other lovely things, and b) if anyone has NOTICED that I seem to wear a slightly different version of the same thing EVERY DAY?

True, I don't know many people, but I am going into a classroom everyday with a very limited number of people, (and I sure notice what they wear) and while children may not take much note of clothing, they are particularly blunt when they do. "Why do you wear those same shoes everyday"
(Because it's cold, Sugar, and my sandals just don't fly in this kinda weather!)

My clothes are all Clean And Paid For, and I am warm (not quite sure how this flu crept into my throat!!) and I am in GERMANY for crying out loud. So really cares what you look like. Unless grandparents are around (then it's neatly cut and combed hair and your BEST clothes).

At least I have something different to wear tomorrow. Dirndl... the traditional dress for woman in Germany... specifically at this very special OKTOBERFESTY time of year. :) And at this time of year, the clothes sure don't matter. The only thing you need to worry about is the temperature of the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment