Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shoes, glorious shoes

I know you're tired of wearing the same shoes all the time. And
they're so, well, black and beige. And your toenails are freshly
painted in a lovely colour... It's a sunny day.

Still, this is no time to be wearing slops Robyn!

Not only will you realise that, once again, you are the only person in
Munich wearing slops/sandals, but your toes will nearly fall off as
you cycle off to catch the train. Those people are not staring at your
feet in admiration of you free toes and wonderful workmanship with
nail polish... They're wondering why you are being so silly, so
unpractical, so un... German!

So I cower, and tuck my toes under my chair, and HOPE that when I
leave school today the sun will have warmed everything up 3 fold, so
open shoes feel neccessary.

These people have been here a little longer than me, so MIGHT know better.

But despite any strange glares and gusts of cold air, I have to say...
Man, it feels good to have free toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment