Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Oktoberfest Magic

Today I started work at 6pm. Definitely looked like it was closer to
4pm the way the sun was still shining so furiously!

We are currently experiencing what is known as the 'Oktoberfest Magic'...
For some mystical reason the Autumn chill holds off for these two and
a bit weeks.

Personally I think it's amazing as I am not QUITE ready for the real
cold weather to set in. I need a pay check and a bit of a shop first I
think :)

Good weather also means trips to the play ground and walking home from
school, which means tired little girls. And while the need for
icecream is greater, as is the risk of sugar-crash-induced grumpiness,
and an apparent inability to eat peas ( try explain to a tired 6yr old
why she should eat more than 4 peas, tricky...) It does mean that
falling asleep is a much quicker event, and let me tell you... After
all that, I have begun to appreciate the stillness and QUIETness of
the night!

Also, the longer the day is, the more 'tea time's I can fit in!

Viva long sunny days! Viva!

No comments:

Post a Comment